What is a CIF number?
While banking, you can hear CIF NUMBER womany times, but do not know the true meaning? So let’s start learning it briefly.
CIF means that the CIF number is the full customer information file number. Various banks such as CBI, SBI, SBH, Indian Bank, etc. have entrusted this unique virtual information file as an important identity number for personal information and financial information like personal and financial information.
The most important function of the CIF is to act as a central point so that the bank can efficiently check the individual transaction made by the customer without seeing every transaction or data.
In simple words, CIF has information about the account holder such as name, address, business, bank account details history etc.
Before it was possible, according to RBI guidelines for each of your accounts, each CIF number is a related bank, but you can have only one CIF number with multiple accounts. Thus all your accounts can be accessed through a single code.
Is a CIF number the same as an account number?
CIF is the customer information file, an electronic file (nowadays) / physical file (old days) that also stores personal information like customer’s name, address and phone number, date of birth and account information. CIFs are widely used by potential customers. Where the account number ia is purely used for the identity of the customer in transactions and transactions.
How can I find my SBI CIF number?
There are Many ways to know cif number of your sbi bank acccount
- Through Internet Banking
- Using SBI anywhere Yono light app
- ON sbi bank account statement
- Through Bank Passbook
Is CIF number fixed for one customer in all the banks of India, or different CIF numbers have been issued to different banks?
CIF stands for customer information form, in which the details of customers of that particular bank are. CIF is similar to a bank and usually CIF is created with an id (or 2 id which is enough to meet kyc). The same CIF is used to create multiple accounts. CIF varies from bank to bank but remains same in all branches under 1 bank. Let’s understand by example:
1. Check The State Bank Of India, SBI CIF Number
2. Check The Gramin Bank Of Aryavart CIF Number
Know More About SBI
- What is Cif Number?
- How to Find Cif Number of SBI?
- How do I get my account number from CIF number?
- How do I change my SBI register mobile number?
- What is the salary of SBI PO officer?
- What is the best book to start preparing for the SBI PO exam?
- How do I change/update my mobile number for both SBI online banking and SMS alerts?
- What is the salary of an SBI clerk?
- How much money I can withdraw from an SBI ATM with an SBI debit card?