CIF is Customer Information File that carries all the important banking details of the account holder in a digital form of the SBI Bank. CIF Number SBI is a 11 digit number that is decoded by the bank to retrieve banking information of the customer.
Over the years, the banking sector in India has come across phenomenal changes and the advent of internet banking has been the key reason behind this. All the banks in the country, including State Bank of India, have witnessed this transformation and it has led to a great improvement in the services provided to the customers.
One of the key aspects of modern baking services is CIF which stands for Customer Information File. This is a unique number related to a computerized file, which holds all the personal as well as account related information of the customer of the bank.
Use of cif number
This number is of vital importance to the bank because it allows the bank to view the accounts of the customer, including key information such as account ownership and credit relationships.
Cif number in bank
It is the task of the bank to update the CIF on a daily basis so that the accuracy of the accounts is maintained. CIF includes additional information such as details of a customer, account types held by him, balances as well as transactions in these accounts.
Importance of cif number
The importance of CIF for the bank can be judged by the fact that the products and services are sold by the bank to the clients on the basis of CIF. Also you have to provide CIF number to transfer bank account one branch to other.
How to find the CIF number in SBI?
There are two ways to know your cif number of your account. They are-
1. Offline method to find cif number in sbi passbook
- CIF is an 11 digit number which is unique for every account holder with the bank. If you have an account with SBI, this number may or may not be printed on the pass book of the bank.cif number in sbi passbook
- It may also appear on the first page of the cheque book, while another way to know your CIF number is to visit the branch personally and ask for it by giving your account number.
- Call in any of toll free numbers of SBI 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990 and provide basic details in order to verify your identity. After verification, directly ask executive to provide cif number.
2. Online method to find you sbi cif number of account your account
- In case you do not want to go to the branch, you can conveniently get your CIF number through the net banking portal of SBI. For this purpose, you will first have to login to the website of SBI.
- Then you will have to choose the account statement along with any two dates.
- The account summary page will appear and it will also display your CIF number, Ifs code, MICR code and other details.
This is the easiest way to access your CIF number in SBI.
I hope you liked this “CIF Number SBI – What is cif number, cif number of sbi, passbook or online” article, share it with your friends so that they can also benefit.
Know More About SBI
- What is Cif Number?
- How to Find Cif Number of SBI?
- How do I get my account number from CIF number?
- How do I change my SBI register mobile number?
- What is the salary of SBI PO officer?
- What is the best book to start preparing for the SBI PO exam?
- How do I change/update my mobile number for both SBI online banking and SMS alerts?
- What is the salary of an SBI clerk?
- How much money I can withdraw from an SBI ATM with an SBI debit card?